Genghis Kahn, Dunkin' Donuts, and Strange Books

posted by Jeffrey on Sunday, September 03, 2006 at 8:13 AM


*I've moved, and my posts have come with me! Check out my new blog at www.jeffrey-davis.net/blog/*

Thus far the weekend has been an eventful one. The little league football team that I coach won it's first game yesterday, 'Bama beat Hawai, Shaunna and I experienced some new food, and then we made some strange discoveries at Borders.

So about the food, if you have never been to Genghis Grill in Cool Springs, it is a MUST try! It's kind of difficult to explain how it works, so just follow the link to check it out. Since pictures are worth 1000 words, check out this one, on my flickr page, of the grill area below.

After leaving Genghis Grill, we went over to Borders to let our food settle. It was here that we found a number of strange and humorous discoveries. Here are some pics of two such discoveries. The first is self explanatory (to say the least) and the humor in the second was simply finding these two books next to each other on the shelf.

After letting our food settle at Borders, we made our way to the Dunkin' Donuts on Caruthers, also in Cool Springs. This, as far as I'm concerned, is the very nexus of the universe. I mean seriously, they have it all, the best donuts, great coffee, and a Baskin Robins sharing the same retail parcel. Check out these pics (also on my flickr page) for some of Shaunna's donut photo handiwork.

As promised, here's the Borders pics:


3 Comments:

Blogger ginger said...

ooooh-isn't genghis grill the greatest?!? i just found one near my new apartment where i'll be living in about a month... literally, it's down the street. AND, if all works out, i'll be living above a cigar shop. sweet deal? i think so.

September 04, 2006 1:51 AM

 
Blogger Jeffrey said...

it sure is! We were so glad to find it! That's totally sweet that you have one right down the street!!! You're gonna get to live above a cigar shop? How cool are you? As for me, I'd waste all my money on tobacco and cigars! lol.

September 04, 2006 4:47 PM

 
Anonymous Cool Springs TN said...

Im actually kind of dissapointed with the Dunkin Donuts un Cool Springs, the donutes always seem to be stale. I know they're not made onsite, they drop them off frozen and they are stored in the POD behind the store. I wish they were fresher because Dunkin really does have great donuts.

August 15, 2009 9:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home