Crucify Him! Crucify Him!

posted by Jeffrey on Tuesday, August 15, 2006 at 10:30 AM


*I've moved, and my posts have come with me! Check out my new blog at www.jeffrey-davis.net/blog/*

Just a short rant to express both my tiredness and disappointment in the reaction to Mel Gibson's drunken statements. First off, I can't believe this is still a popular topic of media convo. I actually heard one show early this morning say, "He crossed a line, what he said is unforgivable."

*Cue the dull roar of the mob in their mantra, "crucify him, crucify him!"*

Secondly, as much as I hate it, we all have prejudices. We all stereotype. We all say things we don't mean (whether it's in a drunken stupor or not). If what Mel said was "unforgivable", then we all deserve to be burned alive for our prejudices and silent (or not so) hatred of people unlike us.

*Fade to clip of the movie Crash*

Tags: , , , ,


1 Comments:

Blogger dreamingBIGdreams said...

LOVE the movie crash!

August 15, 2006 5:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home