One Of Our Own Lost His Wife...

posted by Jeffrey on Tuesday, April 25, 2006 at 8:13 AM


*I've moved, and my posts have come with me! Check out my new blog at www.jeffrey-davis.net/blog/*

One of our own Nashville bloggers, Terry Heaton, unexpectedly lost his wife of 18 months last night. She was merely 41 years old. No words can express our sorrow Terry.

In his quick, informative, post this morning he wrote:
My precious and beautiful wife, Allie, passed away during the night. I found her lifeless body on the floor of the bathroom at 3:30 a.m. The paramedics did everything they could, but she was already gone. We have no idea what happened. She was young (41). She was fit. She was so full of life that it's, frankly, very hard to believe she is gone.

I'm in shock and obviously grieving, but I wanted to let you know and write a few words about what she meant to me. It's my way.

She was my life, folks. She was my inspiration, the one who reached in and brought out all my essays. With her unrelenting encouragement, I've written 65 or so essays about broadcasting, postmodernism and new media. None of that would've been possible without my Alicia Faith.

She was everything to me, and I worked hard to let her know that. I'd been married a couple of times before she came back into my life a few years ago, and I wasn't very good at it. She was different, so very different, and with her, I honestly felt the love, respect and support that the experts talk about when describing good marriages. She was my rock, too, and I don't know what I'm going to do without her.

I'll likely not be blogging for awhile. We don't know about funeral arrangements and all that just yet, but I'll try to let you know the when and where. Meanwhile, I could sure use your prayers right now. No man ever expects to bury his bride, especially one so young and healthy.

She knew I loved her, and I knew she loved me. We were fortunate and blessed for that. We just talked about it yesterday, about how our love had actually grown since our wedding 18 months ago. I'm so very lucky to have had those months with such a precious and pure soul. Words cannot express how much I miss her.

May God hold her safely in His arms now and forever.

Feel free to stop by his blog and offer your sympathy, encouragement, and prayers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home