We'd Need 5.2 Planets to Live Like Me

posted by Jeffrey on Thursday, April 20, 2006 at 1:49 PM


*I've moved, and my posts have come with me! Check out my new blog at www.jeffrey-davis.net/blog/*

So Saturday is Earth Day. Thanks to a little survey that Brittney at NiT linked to today, I've recently learned that if everyone lived their lives as I do, we'd need 5.2 planets.

What?! How can that be? Shaunna and I aren't wasteful of any utilities or food; we both dirve vehicles with good gas mileage; we plant, garden, preserve, and enjoy the environment of our planet; who came up with this survey?

Well, I'm going to hopefully assume that the reason for my apparent environmental strain was my "almost every meal" answer to the "how often do you eat meat products" question. We do eat fish or chicken with nearly every meal.

Anyway, enjoy this year's Earth Day. Anyone doing anything special?

Tags: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Sam Davidson said...

I was in the 5.2 range as well. I think it had to do with my meat consumption and the fact that I drive alone most of the time and never use public transportation. Certainly America will colonize more planets soon and everything will be okay.

April 21, 2006 8:33 AM

 
Blogger Kat Coble said...

The "quiz" was skewed from the outset to rate everyone in the U.S. higher.

Never mind that our country has pioneered advances in farming that make it possible for people all over the world to have more to eat, that our research into disease has brought more medicine to countries around the world, etc.

That's what upsets me about anti-US campaigning. For all our "fat cat" problems, many of us are showing excellent stewardship of the blessings God has given us.

April 21, 2006 10:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home