Icelandic Summer

posted by Jeffrey on Thursday, April 20, 2006 at 4:17 PM


*I've moved, and my posts have come with me! Check out my new blog at www.jeffrey-davis.net/blog/*

I just discovered through happenstance that today is the first day of summer in Iceland. I don't know why but I just find it mildy ironic that a country named Iceland even has summer. Yes, yes, to all you old school Mighty Ducks 3 movie buffs, I know the adage, "Greenland is covered with ice and Iceland is very nice."

Anyway, legend has it (in Iceland) that if the night before the first day of summer is extremely cold, then winter and summer "freeze together". Supposedly, it is a good omen for the upcoming summer months. I wonder how cold it got in Iceland last night.

This was definitely the most pointless post in the history of this blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home