Friday's Meteor Shower

posted by Jeffrey on Wednesday, August 10, 2005 at 11:59 AM


*I've moved, and my posts have come with me! Check out my new blog at www.jeffrey-davis.net/blog/*

Be sure to catch the annual Perseid Meteor Shower this Friday morning. Drag yourself out of bed (or stay up for that matter) between 2:00 am (in any time zone) and dawn, look toward the eastern sky (hmm..) and be amazed at the meteors that streak across the night sky as the Earth passes through the strongest part of the Comet Swift-Tuttle's tail debris. It has been, since the beginning of time, that God reveals Himself plainly through what His hands of made--especially in the sky--if we would only stop long enough to see it. Below are some Scripture passages to meditate on if you so choose, and below them are pictures of last year's Perseid meteor shower. (read full story)

"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge. There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard. Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world." ~Psalm 19:1-4

"I will sing of the LORD's great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations. I will declare that your love stands firm forever, that you established your faithfulness in heaven itself. You said, "I have made a covenant with my chosen one, I have sworn to David my servant, 'I will establish your line forever and make your throne firm through all generations.' The heavens praise your wonders, O LORD, your faithfulness too, in the assembly of the holy ones. For who in the skies above can compare with the LORD? Who is like the LORD among the heavenly beings?" ~Psalm 89:1-8

"The LORD reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice. Clouds and thick darkness surround him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of his throne. Fire goes before him and consumes his foes on every side. His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles. The mountains melt like wax before the LORD, before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim his righteousness, and all the peoples see his glory. In the council of the holy ones God is greatly feared; he is more awesome than all who surround him. O LORD God Almighty, who is like you? You are mighty, O LORD, and your faithfulness surrounds you." ~Psalm 97:1-6

"I will praise you, O LORD, among the nations; I will sing of you among the peoples. For great is your love, higher than the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies. Be exalted, O God, above the heavens, and let your glory be over all the earth." ~Psalm 108:3-5

"Your word, O LORD, is eternal; it stands firm in the heavens." ~Psalm 119:89

1 Comments:

Blogger Hilary said...

AMAZING hanging out with you guys tonight...yall are a joy and a rare find in friendship...I love yall~

August 13, 2005 10:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home