the God of my Consciousness

posted by Jeffrey on Wednesday, August 03, 2005 at 7:55 AM


*I've moved, and my posts have come with me! Check out my new blog at www.jeffrey-davis.net/blog/*

This post is inspired by a conversation I had yesterday with Jim and Rick. Thanks guys for making me think.

Is it possible to be consciously aware of God's presence at all times? And if so, is that what God longs for in us? I don't know. Since this conversation I've been searching (subconsciously at times, ha ha) through what things I hold in my subconscious and what things I am conscious of. I ask myself these questions: Was Jesus consciously aware of God constantly? I would say so. But then again, He is God, so is that same reality possible for us? I still think so because it is Christ's life that is in us who are His followers (John 5:15, John 14:20, and more...). Are those things that exist in my consciousness there because I choose to keep them there, or is it because they have so saturated my subconscious that they have overflowed into my conscious.

For example, I'm totally obsessed with the great expanse that once separated the waters of below and above--and the things that take place there. This expanse is the sky. Because of this infatuation, I am constantly taking notice of it. Why? Because I possibly choose to keep in my conscious? I don't think so, I think it's because I'm so incredibly subconsciously preoccupied with it that it spills over into my consciousness...but then again, I could be wrong.

Anyway, I don't have all my thoughts all worked out on this topic (and doubt I soon will), but just wanted to open it up for a little discussion. Maybe Jim and Rick will drop by to comment...

4 Comments:

Blogger TaB said...

Spilling out into the conscious, wut a late night pondering!
You must be a fan of Nietzsche, im not saying he’s an influence mind you. essence, experience, burden, truth, determining arrows and all that crooked stuff.

The divine creeps up to me in the most interesting ways, saturating me, if you want, in a very conscious way. in those dewy moments im moved beyond my wildest sublime dreams. It was around your age when I began feeling something quite different, and today I like to think of those drenching moments, however insignificant, as gifts.

If I bring coffee can I sit in on one of these conversations you have? hehe

August 03, 2005 2:47 PM

 
Blogger Jeffrey said...

ha ha...glad to have ya tab! I guess I never really identified myself with Nietzsche (conciously, ha ha), but I guess our minds work similarily in ways...but obviously not in others.

Thanks so much for your thoughts on these musings--and i look forward to your future comments as well.

You're always welcome to join our conversations if your travels bring you this far south, and sure--bring some java w/ you...at this point in my life I think my blood is half coffee anyway. ha ha

August 03, 2005 3:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be careful with the spelling of words. (i.e. Conscious is missing an s and emfatuation is not a word-infatuation is! Just wanted to be helpful!!

August 04, 2005 11:03 AM

 
Blogger Jeffrey said...

Thanks for the correction, whoever you are, I must have neglected my spell check button for this post! ha ha. But it has now been edited to reflect correct spelling...

August 04, 2005 11:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home