I Should Be Dead

posted by Jeffrey on Tuesday, July 05, 2005 at 5:05 PM


*I've moved, and my posts have come with me! Check out my new blog at www.jeffrey-davis.net/blog/*

Purity. I don't talk about that word a whole lot these days--nor do I hear it being discussed among others. Why? Purity was of the utmost importance to the early Christian church in Jerusalem. It was so important, that a husband and wife who could actually be credited with introducing impurity and deceit to the church (as a whole) dropped dead when doing so. Yeah, read it in Acts 4:1-11 if you'd like. This is what our conversation was about this past Sunday night.

I'm curious, does anyone have any thoughts about this issue of purity and why it was so important to the infant Church? How/why has it fallen out of our vocabulary? Please try to keep the legalism (if there be any) to a minimum.

On another note, gonna be out of pocket for a few days. Will try to blog and/or be involved in conversation here, but may not get to it.

As always, Lace and Park--good to have yall with us this past Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home