Christmas is Not Your Birthday

posted by Jeffrey on Sunday, November 26, 2006 at 3:36 PM


*I've moved, and my posts have come with me! Check out my new blog at www.jeffrey-davis.net/blog/*

Give instead of receive

My bud Sam Davidson of Cool People Care has launched a campaign called Christmas is Not Your Birthday to help us rethink the bucks we spend on friends and family (and have spent on ourselves) over the next month or so. From Sam's interview with News 2 VJ Jamey Tucker, "The National Retail Federation projets [Christmas] spending this year at about 450 billion dollars..."

Like Sam, I wonder what would happen if only 1% of money that went to a charity, non-profit, or maybe better yet--someone you know who may need some help right about now?

Tags: , , , , , , ,


1 Comments:

Blogger Admin said...

nice thinking.. but i think the estimation also includes the money gifted to social clubs for the under privileged to remind them its christmas time..

November 28, 2006 6:06 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home