Been Away for a While

posted by Jeffrey on Tuesday, June 13, 2006 at 9:40 AM


*I've moved, and my posts have come with me! Check out my new blog at www.jeffrey-davis.net/blog/*

Life is a funny thing. There's those moments when it seems that everything that's been happening for months and months on end come together in a culmination of unbelievable dreams. This has been the story of my life recently.

About two months ago Shaunna and I began learning about the toxins that we put in our bodies every day through the use of soaps, shampoos, toothpastes, etc. We learned about rendering plants and the other toxins and carcinogens used as main ingredients in many of the products we use countlessly throughout the day. As my wife and I are very aware and concerned about health and fitness on a plethora of levels, this troubled us.

Changing gears, we have recently discovered that our ability to dream has been dramatically reduced, largely as a direct result of our 9-5 rat race jobs. Neither of us have been designed to flourish in such environments. We are free thinkers and creative types who hate to be tied down and chasing the carrot dangled out in front of us. Only recently have we begun to dream, and dream big, again. Hey, here's a thought, what's the point of dreaming if you don't believe it can come true?

Anyway, just before Shaunna got out of school for the summer (she's a teacher, if you didn't know),  she had humored one of her co-workers by sitting in on an Arbonne presentation. She came home intrigued and shared some information with me. We then met one-on-one with a national vice president of Arbonne here in the Hermitage/Mt. Juliet area to discuss some more details and ask some pointed questions. Two days later, and after much prayer and meditation, we decided to start our own business with Arbonne.

I would never have believed we'd be a part of a network marketing company, much less that God would lead us down such a path. I've checked into around 10-15 network marketing companies in the past 4 years or so, and have been able to find something shady with the products and/or company in every single one thus far. Much to my dismay, at the beginning that is, I was unsuccessful in finding such problems with Arbonne.

Their products (weight loss, nutrition, skin care, cosmetics/color, aromatherapy, and anti-aging) are truly, as they say, "Pure, Safe, and Beneficial". ALLLLL the products are botanically based, pH balanced, not tested on animals, contain NO animal products or byproducts, and are far superior to anything on the market.

Well, the final kicker of the story is that 5 days after we signed up to build a business with Arbonne, I lost my job. To be honest, I laughed my butt off when this happened. We planned on our Arbonne business being in the place within six months where I could resign my previous job anyway, but I guess God just wanted to give me the opportunity to work our Arbonne business more effectively.

I'm not looking for another job because Arbonne, with it's incredible products and really incredible business opportunity, is my job now. We crunched the numbers and found that Shaunna and I can eat and pay bills on her check, so we can afford to both concentrate on Arbonne for the summer. God has been so faithful, as has always promised His children, to take care of us. We are so thankful for those friends of ours who have aided us as the Spirit has moved them. Our Creator-Savior cares even for the sparrows, thus there is no need to worry about food and clothes.


2 Comments:

Blogger Kat Coble said...

What was the job that you lost? I'm sorry that I can't recall, even though I believe you've told me before.

I'm sorry that you lost it, but pleased you had a plan in place.

June 13, 2006 1:49 PM

 
Blogger Jeffrey said...

hey kat, thanks for the kind words. I'd rather not say here who I worked for, but it is true, I am happy to be gone.

It was one of those jobs that was dead end, monotanous (sp?), yet still a paycheck. I probably wouldn't have left unless they let me go--despite how intense my dislike was for it.

I almost wanted to shake their hands and thank them as I left the "let go" meeting. Truly this was a move allowed by God, and I am thankful for it. I am SOOOOO much happier working from home!

June 13, 2006 2:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home