The Uncontrollable Stillness

posted by Jeffrey on Thursday, June 02, 2005 at 2:31 PM


*I've moved, and my posts have come with me! Check out my new blog at www.jeffrey-davis.net/blog/*

Do you ever sit back and think, "Wow, what are we doing???" I've been doing that lately. I struggle with the thoughts that we as a faith community aren't "doing" enough. But I also think about the differences between being and doing and I wonder if sometimes God could actually accomplish more for His Kingdom and His glory if we would just "be"--be still, be silent, be patient, be listening, be real, be open, be loving, be ready, be _____.

Now I'd like to think that I'm not caught up in this stream of thought only to subconsciously justify what could, in fact, be inadvertent complacency, but who knows. In this moment, right here, right now, as I think of Jesus and His embodied ministry on this planet, I really do think that His "being" was the motivation of His "doing." So what does that mean for a new community of faith in Mt. Juliet, TN? I don't know, but I know that as a faith community, I'd rather be at Jesus' feet--waiting on words of encouragement, instruction, or correction--rather than running around doing so much that we miss the the point all together.

But I don't know...any thoughts?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home