And the Idol is...

posted by Jeffrey on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 at 9:17 PM


*I've moved, and my posts have come with me! Check out my new blog at www.jeffrey-davis.net/blog/*


Ok. First let me say that I wish I was fixing to over spiritualize the issue, but I'm not. We could discuss the eschatological implications of America's obsession with idols (which would make all my dispensationalists friends happy-I know, cheap shot, sorry), turn up our holy noses, snub, and shutter at the very fact that such a contest exists, or a plethera of other reactions, but I'm just gonna be honest...

This season I got freakin' hooked on American Idol. I've never gotten involved in the Idol hype, but this year (largely due to my wife...I love you babe!) I did. What a competition it was!! It all came down to Carrie and Bo--I couldn't think of a better way to end it. Oh wait, yes I can...if only Lynard Skynard had of been there...hey wait a minute, THEY WERE!!! Oh no wait, now I've got it...if only David Hasslehoff would have been there...hey wait a minute, HE WAS TOO!! Wow what a night!

I was torn right down the middle on who I wanted to win. Both seemed genuinely nice, likeable, and extremely talented! I mean hey, it's a country singing chick from Oklahoma and a southern rocker from Alabama (ROLL TIDE)...how can ya pick? Anyway, what do you have to say about the finale?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home