And the Idol is...

posted by Jeffrey on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 at 9:17 PM


*I've moved, and my posts have come with me! Check out my new blog at www.jeffrey-davis.net/blog/*


Ok. First let me say that I wish I was fixing to over spiritualize the issue, but I'm not. We could discuss the eschatological implications of America's obsession with idols (which would make all my dispensationalists friends happy-I know, cheap shot, sorry), turn up our holy noses, snub, and shutter at the very fact that such a contest exists, or a plethera of other reactions, but I'm just gonna be honest...

This season I got freakin' hooked on American Idol. I've never gotten involved in the Idol hype, but this year (largely due to my wife...I love you babe!) I did. What a competition it was!! It all came down to Carrie and Bo--I couldn't think of a better way to end it. Oh wait, yes I can...if only Lynard Skynard had of been there...hey wait a minute, THEY WERE!!! Oh no wait, now I've got it...if only David Hasslehoff would have been there...hey wait a minute, HE WAS TOO!! Wow what a night!

I was torn right down the middle on who I wanted to win. Both seemed genuinely nice, likeable, and extremely talented! I mean hey, it's a country singing chick from Oklahoma and a southern rocker from Alabama (ROLL TIDE)...how can ya pick? Anyway, what do you have to say about the finale?

1 Comments:

Blogger Pooh said...

Millions of people, including me, figured Carrie would win about 12 weeks ago. She was the clear favorite for the entire season. I'm glad she won.

May 30, 2005 9:54 AM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home