Positive Thinking Power Origin

posted by Jeffrey on Monday, July 24, 2006 at 9:25 PM


*I've moved, and my posts have come with me! Check out my new blog at www.jeffrey-davis.net/blog/*

Recently my wife and I have heard, on numerous occasions, discussions regarding the Law of Attraction, the power of positive thinking, etc. Personally, I've always felt it to be a little humanistic to feel that I can bring about whatever I want just by thinking it. Then it hit me, this concept may actually be a reality--but not in the way we tend to think.

Jesus told His disciples, as John records it, that if they had faith in Him they would do not only the things He had done, but even greater things as well. What if what Jesus is saying here is what we call the power of positive thinking? What if the power is not in the mind, but in the Spirit of God, the very life of Christ that resides within us? What if this "power of positive thinking" is actually the power of the Holy Spirit enabling us to do those "greater things" that Jesus talked about?

Just a thought...

Tags: , ,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home