End of the Spear

posted by Jeffrey on Monday, January 23, 2006 at 8:06 AM


*I've moved, and my posts have come with me! Check out my new blog at www.jeffrey-davis.net/blog/*

*Note: No spoilers in this post*

Saturday my wife and I went to see End of the Spear. It was an incredible portrayal of several missionaries' journey into the Amazon basin of Ecuador to reach the Waodani Indians. This is the story of the Saint, Elliot, Fleming, and Youderian families. This is their lives.

The Waodani tribe was famous for their brutality and yet these missionaries labored intensely to reach them. Why? I cannot explain why. If you have ever been given a passion and an adventure from the very lips of God--as if He were physically standing in your midst--can you understand why, in the face of danger and almost certain death, they pressed deeper into the Amazon then ever done before.

I highly recommend the viewing of their story. May it be a glance into a lifetime journey with, and at the same time towards, Jesus that is more than the mediocrity that is known by most of us today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home