How Awesome is This?!?!

posted by Jeffrey on Saturday, November 19, 2005 at 6:28 AM


*I've moved, and my posts have come with me! Check out my new blog at www.jeffrey-davis.net/blog/*

Cancer. Quite possibly the most dreaded and feared word in our vocabulary today. My wife and I have been fortunate enough to have been spared from seeing a loved one struggle through this nightmare. Unfortunately, Greg and Gina--two of those who "gather" with us as a community of faith--have had to see both their mothers take up this fight.

Good news though!!! Gina got a report yesterday that her mom's cancer markers were CONSIDERABLY down in the most recent test! The cool thing is that her mom, Ann, has decided not to go through kemo treatments, but instead to use two alternative treatments that are more natural and organic. Yes, modern medicine is wonderful and I thank God for His gift of knowledge to those women and men who have made those advances and luxuries possible, but let's not forget that our medicine today is--modern.

For thousands of years God kept we humans, who He loves, healthy by making what we need readily available in nature. So isn't it possible that sometimes where modern medicine may fail, the answer we seek lay right in front of our very eyes every single day. Only a highly creative and loving Creator-Savior God could make such a story possible. What's your story?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeffrey, I can't tell you how excited the family is about Granmommy's results! She went to church for the first time in 2.5 months yesterday, and she gave her testimony of her battle with cancer. Mom sent me a copy of it, and I'm sure it will be coming your way soon. Thanks for mentioning her on the blog...maybe more people will be encouraged to pray for her!

November 21, 2005 12:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home