How the Tangible Music Industry Died

posted by Jeffrey on Friday, November 11, 2005 at 5:58 PM


*I've moved, and my posts have come with me! Check out my new blog at www.jeffrey-davis.net/blog/*

As of October 31st, Sony BMG decided to cut off its nose despite its face. When you buy an audio CD from Sony BMG it comes with a free gift--digital rights management technology from them to you. Here's the scenario: You buy a CD, pop it into your computer (just to play it--not rip it) and wham, the "root kit" is installed on your PC. What comes in this special package from Sony? All kinds of little goodies--including a Trojan Horse. If you try to clean it from your PC you may very likely have your CD drive trashed.

Wow, with this kind of self sabotage from the tangible music industry, the digital music industry will save millions on marketing!

I wouldn't have believed this if I hadn't seen it on CNET--a reliable technology source.

link to full story

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home