Vision!!!

posted by Jeffrey on Saturday, March 05, 2005 at 7:51 AM


*I've moved, and my posts have come with me! Check out my new blog at www.jeffrey-davis.net/blog/*

Our vision & dream:

We envision being a Gathering of the church-regardless of location.

We envision being a DYNAMIC Gathering of the church to form a "new wine skin" that remains flexible in order to relationally engage an unreached generation with the ever relevant message of Christ.

We envision being a MOBILIZED Gathering of the church who initiate real friendships with "normal" people in Mt. Juliet and the surrounding areas, with the hope of discipling them from little or no knowledge of Jesus through to conversion, and then into a passionate and exciting relationship with Him where they can't contain the realization of His love and thus begin making disciples themselves.

We envision being a MISSIONAL Gathering of the church who fluidly and naturally participate in God's work in our community and beyond...from building relationships to planting churches and everything in between.

We envision being an INTEGRATED Gathering of the church who discovers how God has knit each individual together uniquely (spiritual gifts, natural talents, personality type, etc) in order that the whole Body of Christ may be as effective as possible.

We envision being an AUTHENTIC Gathering of the church who are open and transparent with each other and our community & who believe and engage in a lifestyle of multi-sensory worship in Spirit and Truth. We long to live in the understanding that authentic worship of God is a lifestyle, not merely an event.

We envision being a RELATIONAL Gathering of the church who interact, support each other, and grow together in small group settings throughout the week. It is here that we will share in the passion, excitement, and mystique that are involved in a relationship with Jesus.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hilary said...

Hey guys!

Ahh you're finally speaking my language! A blog is EXACTLY what your church needs to begin reaching this generation. Know that you are prayed for in Virginia. :) I'll call soon. I love you guys!

March 06, 2005 9:43 AM

 
Blogger Sean Dietrich said...

Hey!
I am so excited to have found your blog! We share much in common and many of the same views. We don't "go" to church, we "ARE" the church!

I am a musician and I wanted to share my music with you. All my music is free and I would be honored if you would check it out!
Just wanted to share. www.SeanDietrich.com

-Sean

August 01, 2006 12:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home